[리서치페이퍼=Cedric Dent 기자] Chiang Mai's Doi Inthanon National Park, known as "The Roof of Thailand," set the scene for a trail running charity event, the first to be held in this picturesque portion of the Himalayas, held last June 4.
The said running event was supported by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to raise funds for tree plainting and construction of a water dam in the local Hmong and Karen village area.
Everyone who joined the race enjoyed the view, and at the same time, were more than willing to donate $10 for tree planting and for the Hmong and Karen village.
Pornmongkol Phoothong won the overall men's champion in the 50-kilometer race with a finishing time of around six hours.Aside from his win, he also thought the course was "awesome with such beautiful views all around."
Meanwhile, Woraphan Kijsawasdi, winner of the women's 50-kilometer category, thought that "the course is very beautiful, and my favorite part is the mountain which looks like a tiger."
Sarah Adyniec of the U.S., won the 20-kilometer women's category, has been living in Thailand for six months and only starting trail running four months ago.According to Adyniec, she was awed with the scenery, which made her "stop several times for taking picture of the mountains and villages."
Michael Maddess, Director of Action Asia Events, said "We are honoured to be supporting Doi Inthanon villagers with focus on construction of water dams and tree planting through this MSIG Thailand Action Asia 50.The zero edition was a great success and we look forward to hosting the main event in December and bringing many more runners here to participate through the beautiful National Park and do more to support the local villagers."
Photo Credits: JJ Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* "In order" is mere fluff in a news article.Please do away with this.
* Runner Pornmongkol Phoothong - I think we're being a little too literal in describing the marathon winner as a "runner."
* " Runner Pornmongkol Phoothong won the overall men's champion..." -- Just because the original article worded it this way doesn't mean you will copy the same mistake made in the original.Please read that phrase again and see how awry it is.It was also repeated over and over again in the original...and you just copied the same mistake.
* 50km -- 50-kilometer
* 6 hours 12 minutes and 35 seconds - You don't have to be too specific with the finishing time.You can just say, "A little more than six hours..." Do the same thing with the other references to finishing time.
* ths - this
* 6 months, 4 months ago -- Rule of thumb in writing numerals: when writing numbers 1 to 9, write the word.For 10 up, write the numeral.This should be six months, four months ago.
* You gave a perfect title for your rewrite, but the content barely gave reference to the "beautiful scenery" you were harking about in your title.Recommendation: rewrite this, with emphasis on the venue of the marathon -- the Doi Inthanon National Park.[리서치페이퍼=Cedric Dent 기자]